Saturday, March 21, 2015

Ode to Nagpur     (A Poem)
O my beloved city, thou Nagpur
Thy name imprinted in the heart of India,
Situated on the zero mile
Thou whose unseen presence is felt
Even on the pages of History
Known for unseen oranges
Greenery and peaceful co-existence
Thou art crowned as most livable city in India
I feel special proud for you
For being erstwhile Capital of C P & Berar,
O my beloved city,
I feel pity of how your pristine place
Is usurped by petty politician for their selfish gains,
Where are those sweet oranges…..?
Whenever I say I belong to Nagpur
People immediately talk about oranges….and now orange-barfi…
I feel proud in thinking of thou art famous for oranges…
But where are those sweet oranges gone…
But I also wish thou markets full of sweet juicy oranges…
I wish thou to be cleaner, greener and cheaper
Roads with no potholes…
A beautiful city!!
A peaceful city!!
Thou clean roads and greener side ways
Drainage with proper sanitation
Air which is pollution free
People who are friendly and helpful,
Playgrounds full of sports activities
Gardens full of flora and fauna, a visual treat..
Public places full of social activities…
Job opportunities in plenty ….
So that the youth are not forced to leave this beautiful place..
Thou art my city, my beautiful city.


No comments: